If your team gets bored of the same old bottom wrestling drills…
Or if you simply want to guarantee a quick escape and reversal…
Then you should tune-in to today’s episode of the podcast.
In Episode 21 of Attack Style Wrestling, we cover crucial offensive techniques in bottom wrestling. You’ll learn my exact teaching progression for sparring and live situations, and how to beat train both offensive and reactionary moves. By the end of this episode, you’ll understand how to develop the muscle memory your team needs to turn the tables on any opponent.
Here’s what else you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- 2:40 – Transitioning to high school or college – you can’t climb the ladder if you can’t get off the bottom
- 4:13 – The first rule for teaching bottom wrestling
- 6:24 – Three of my go-to solo warm-ups for bottom wrestling
- 7:30 – Why only working on your athletes’ technique is a mistake
- 9:00 – Key ways to drill the bottom position
- 11:08 – Developing your team’s master skill set
- 13:00 – The attack style system to regain control and power
- 14:42 – Reactionary techniques – how to keep a bad situation from getting worse
- 15:50 – The one trick to teach a stand up that changed my career
- 18:17 – Sparring and situational – where the good coaches shine
- 20:08 – How to avoid these bottom-specific teaching progression mistakes I made early in my career
- 22:00 – Should you adapt your kids natural bottom position wrestling style?