Great coaching is just borrowing and sharing ideas, but for some reason, every tries to hide the soft skills. What we do behind the scenes trickles down to our athletes, and I see no reason not to share my “secrets”. That’s why I put together Episode 23 of the Attack Style Wrestling podcast – the first in a four-part series about classified coaching. In this episode, you’ll learn trade secrets about helping your athletes come to their own conclusions. By the end, you’ll be able to steer each athlete in the right direction… without them ever realizing it.
Here’s what else you’ll find in this episode:
- 4:38 – The Jedi mind tricks to help your kids do what’s best for themselves
- 7:25 – Navigating burn out
- 8:22 – What marketing and sales have to do with wrestling
- 10:20 – My favorite Gable anecdote – that time he steered me into the right weight class without any pushing
- 14:35 – The importance of off-season planning and reflection
- 16:22 – Coaching lessons I learned as an NCAA athlete
- 18:04 – What if you have to address a problem head-on?
- 19:07 – Balancing the needs of the team with the needs of the individual