If your athletes struggle scoring from certain positions…
Or you’ve ever lost a match in the last 20 seconds …
Then this episode on live wrestling in practice is for you.
In Episode 19 of Attack Style Wrestling Podcast, we bring you part three of our Anatomy of a Perfect Practice Plan series. In this installment, I go over how to use controlled battles in training to develop the intangibles that transfer to a match. By the end of this episode, you’ll understand the technical, tactical, and mental strategies I use with my athletes to steal period and win matches.
Here’s what else you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- 1:30 – The one thing coaches need to know before fully going live
- 4:55 – Learn to break your opponents with one-on-one battles
- 6:24 – The 20 seconds where big matches are truly won
- 7:18 – How to hang carrots to develop a “doing whatever it takes” attitude
- 8:00 – Instilling a tactical game plan for different match scenarios.
- 9:45 – Why forcing your athletes to score creates the toughness needed for battle
- 11:00 – My overall philosophy for pulling the most out of your guys
- 13:25 – You can’t win big matches solely off of technique – how to use short time scenarios to flip periods
- 16:36 – How to train your wrestlers to win in even the most difficult positions
- 17:40 – What to do in the worst case scenarios
- 20:00 – The best coaching style to breed competitive drive (hint – you can’t use the same thing every practice)
- 21:15- The magic touch – where teaching and technique come together
- 22:50 – My detailed plan for different match situations
The Attack Style Wrestling Podcast is brought to you by AttackStyleWrestling.com.