If your athletes struggle scoring from certain positions…
Or you’ve ever lost a match in the last 20 seconds …
Then this episode on live wrestling in practice is for you.
In Episode 19 of Attack Style Wrestling Podcast, we bring you part three of our Anatomy of a Perfect Practice Plan series. In this installment, I go over how to use controlled battles in training to develop the intangibles that transfer to a match. By the end of this episode, you’ll understand the technical, tactical, and mental strategies I use with my athletes to steal period and win matches.
Here’s what else you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- 1:30 – The one thing coaches need to know before fully going live
- 4:55 – Learn to break your opponents with one-on-one battles
- 6:24 – The 20 seconds where big matches are truly won
- 7:18 – How to hang carrots to develop a “doing whatever it takes” attitude
- 8:00 – Instilling a tactical game plan for different match scenarios.
- 9:45 – Why forcing your athletes to score creates the toughness needed for battle
- 11:00 – My overall philosophy for pulling the most out of your guys
- 13:25 – You can’t win big matches solely off of technique – how to use short time scenarios to flip periods
- 16:36 – How to train your wrestlers to win in even the most difficult positions
- 17:40 – What to do in the worst case scenarios
- 20:00 – The best coaching style to breed competitive drive (hint – you can’t use the same thing every practice)
- 21:15- The magic touch – where teaching and technique come together
- 22:50 – My detailed plan for different match situations
Get your guide to perfect practice planning here.
The Attack Style Wrestling Podcast is brought to you by AttackStyleWrestling.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ATTACK STYLE WRESTLING PODCAST
iTunes | Stitcher | Spreaker iHeartRadio | SoundCloud | Google Play Music | RSS