Every coach has their own style, but some things are just fundamental to a good wrestling practice. Technique is one of those.
If you coach younger athletes still learning the basics…
Or you need to fine-tune your elite-level athletes…
Then you won’t want to miss Episode 18 of Attack Style Wrestling Podcast. In part 2 of this four-part series, we explain the exact drills to use when honing technique, and how to progress them. By the end of this episode, you’ll understand what to look for in each athlete, and how to develop their specific style in live competition.
Here’s what else you’ll find in today’s episode:
- 1:40 what’s the hardest to develop? Neutral position Purpose of quick drills
- 4:10: How to correct mistakes without interrupting the flow of the drill
- 6:25: The five methods of teaching technique and how to adapt them to your style
- 8:40 What NOT to do with the show’n’go method
- 11:08 – The one big mistake coach Weber made when he was new to coaching high school (and how to avoid making it yourself)
- 14:40 – How to break down technique into bite-sized chunks your kids will actually transfer to live situations
- 17:55 Why working backwards will drive your athletes forward
- 23:05 Coach Weber’s rules for effective sparring
- 24:15 “When you get some wrestlers doing this ONE thing, they’ll look like a Division I room”
- 26:00- Discover the overall purpose of your practice