If you’re an athlete who puts in the hard work while no one is watching…
Or you’re a coach looking to make a breakthrough with even the most stubborn athletes…
Then you have to listen to today’s episode of the podcast.
On Episode 7 of the Attack Style Wrestling podcast, I walk you through the steps in cultivating each aspect of mental toughness. By the end of the episode, you’ll be armed with a framework to overcome the adversity of wrestling and life. It’s not always going to be easy, but with a few tricks, you can separate yourself from the rest of the pack.
Here’s what else you’ll find within the episode:
- Everyone says “be coachable”, but what does that even mean? (3:02)
- What happens when we search for the easy route to success (5:30)
- The Mountain Dew test – What do you do when no one’s watching? (7:10)
- When it’s okay to treat yourself (10:17)
- The cornerstone of mental toughness (11:48)
- How to beat 95% of athletes instantly (15:21)
- Staying positive when your chips are down, and losing with class (17:19)
- The keys to being accountable (21:58)
- You can’t always coach with criticism – how to pick and choose your moments (25:45)
- Getting a breakthrough with that one stubborn athlete (28:59)