Episode 16: Timeless Tactics for Developing Independence and an Internal Drive in All level Athletes (Part 2)
Coach Dan Gable joins Daryl Weber and Jason Bryant for part two of a two-part series on independent and dependent practice situations and scenarios.
In Episode 16, we learn:
- How to cut off quitting at the pass.
- How to read each athlete and make sure
- What coaches and parents that are having issues need to do
- What to expect when you start using proven tactics for developing wrestlers.
- How to find something that works and how to break it down to the simplest terms
- How to measure success in each wrestlers
- How to get the most of each athlete and not run them off.
- How to start to teach independence to your wrestlers
- Using live wrestling sessions like coach Gable at any level
- How to adjust your intensity level to build an aggressive dominating wrestling style
- Gable’s rule on how many points you should score in a practice.
- Coach Gable’s secret to develop wrestlers at the highest levels in the practice room
- How to program wrestlers to be able to listen to you in live competition when needed.
- What you need to manufacture for your most elite wrestlers
- How a good coach is like a magician