If you’ve ever found yourself short a wrestler for a specific weight class…
Or you’re worried about keeping the new kids hooked (and the veterans challenged)…
Or you just want to know the secrets to building a program that wins year after year..
Then today’s episode is for you. On Episode 14 of the Attack Style Wrestling podcast, we cover the details and nuances of recruiting, retaining, and attracting athletes. By the end of the episode, you’ll understand how to build a program that basically recruits itself. It’s all about the work behind-the-scenes.
Here’s what else you’ll find in today’s episode:
- The one strategy that works for recruiting at the youth, middle school, and high school levels (2:50)
- Weight class-specific recruiting (7:30)
- The ONE question I get asked the most about kids in the room for the first time (9:47)
- The power of giving away a t-shirt (11:36)
- The great singlet debate - does it deter some populations? (13:40)
- How to balance competition and practice in the first year (18:55)
- More or less time on the mat - how much does each age group need? (22:04)
- How to use the off season without scaring them away (24:00)
- The best advice I can give a first year coach (27:06)
- The secret to pulling kids from other sports (29:43)
- Answers to your Gable trained questions (31:55)