Coaches – I’ve been there. Putting together the pieces to create your ideal culture is a daunting task.
So if you’ve ever struggled to get certain kids out to practice…
You’ve had to battle with the administration…
Or you’ve faced issues so pervasive it feels like the wheels are falling off…
Then part four of our coaching secrets series is definitely for you.
On Episode 26 of Attack Style Wrestling podcast, we work through building the right culture in high school wrestling. Creating the right culture can pull the best out of your kids in even the toughest of times. By the end of the episode, you’ll be armed with the tools to set the groundwork for any situation that arises within your team, the parents, or the administration
Here’s what else you’ll find within this episode:
- 3:16 – Why your reality is a product of your environment
- 4:00 – What to do when taking over an existing program
- 5:47 – Nothing ever goes according to your start-of-the-season plan, so how do you deal with it?
- 4:58 – Using your leadership to set the tone for the rest of the team
- 7:20 – Reward those who work – how to make sure the negatives don’t outweigh the positives
- 8:36 – Ground rules for building the right culture in any program
- 10:51 – Should you sacrifice winning for the sake of your culture?
- 11:40 – My template for developing superb culture in high school wrestling
- 14:08 – From assistant to head coach – your role in working with the athletic director
- 16:15 – Why losing people in the beginning phases might be for the best
- 17:25 – How to win over an apathetic administration
- 18:28 – What head coaches can learn from industry-leading CEOs
- 19:35 – The most stressful thing I’ve ever had to deal with as a coach