Before watching this video be sure to stop the video at the top of the page by clicking on it.
Dan Gable the Competitor...
- Was the Most Dominant American Wrestler in History
- Compiling a Prep and College Record 181-1
- Completing his High School Career As a 3x Undefeated State Champion with a record of 64-0
- Earned 3x All-American, 3x Big Eight champion and 2x NCAA Champion with a record 117-1 for ISU
- Won Gold in the 1972 World Championships held in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Capped his competitive career with his famed 1972 Summer Olympic Gold Medal run in Munich Germany without surrendering a single point.
Dan Gable the Coach...
- Became the Greatest Coach the sport of wrestling and possibly any sport has ever known.
- Joined the Iowa Hawkeye staff in 1972 and went on to become the University of Iowa's all-time winningest head coach from 1976 to 1997.
- Where he won 15 NCAA Wrestling Team Titles
- 25 consecutive Big Ten Championships
- Had an astonishing dual meet winning percentage of over 93%, finishing his dual record at 335-21-5.
- Produced 152 All-Americans, 45 National Champions, 106 Big Ten Champions , 12 Olympians; 4 Gold Medalists, One Silver Medalist, 3 Bronze Medalists.
- Was nominated Olympic Freestyle Head Coach 3x, in 1980, 1984 and 2000.
- Was the Head Coach of 6 World Teams.
- Coached the 1984 Olympic team, which featured four of Coach Gable’s Hawkeyes, won seven gold medals.
- Was inducted into just about every wrestling hall of fame imaginable
- Is listed as one of the top coaches in the 20th Century by ESPN
Here's What The
Gable Trained Members Area
Will Do For You...
Everyone needs a coach consistently pushing them to new heights, educating them with the knowledge and experience that's been proven to lead to success and providing them with the constant motivation it takes to develop a championship attitude and mindset.
Our members get just that...
...from Dan Gable (the greatest wrestler and coach the sport has ever known)
...from Coach Daryl Weber - Gable Trained NCAA Champion and Hall of Fame High School coach who spent 15 years coaching youth and high school where his program won 14 consecutive state titles (9 with him as head coach) and he produced countless college wrestler, many going on to be Division I All-Americans.
...from other Gable Trained athletes and experts in areas crucial to wrestling success.
JOIN THE TEAM TODAY
The Gable Trained Members Area grants you access to exclusive advice from Dan Gable, championship practice plans, advice from Gable Trained athletes, expert interviews and all of the GT.com discounts and bonus material.
- The Gable Wisdom Section
- The Practice Plan Section
- All The Bonus Material
- Exclusive Members Community
- Access to Discounts (VIP Store)
WHAT COACHES, PARENTS & WRESTLERS
This stuff really works... Against Fargo All-American's!
“I’m seeing some things in pre-season wrestling open room sessions that are exciting to watch. The other day we had one of our wrestlers use Coach Weber’s progressions from neutral (Ultimate Wrestling System). The young man did… head positioning, pressure, hang, separate from the tie, fake tie up, blast double. This was very cool to see one of Coach Weber’s progressions in a live situation. This stuff really works and this was done against one of our kids who is a Fargo All-American! We can’t wait to get the season started!”
Head Wrestling Coach - Cedar Rapids Kennedy High School, IA
Separates Good From Great!
"If you asked any of our wrestlers, what made the difference this year, I have no doubt they would name your system as one of the primary factors in their improvement."
Assistant Coach at Tennessee High School Coach at Viking Wrestling Club
Will make good wrestlers great and great wrestlers deadly
“Daryl I really appreciate you putting your system together in video. It dovetails perfectly with the systems we have in place. I had your Ultimate Wrestling System on my wish list all year. Our head coach purchased it last week. Your systematic approach will help us in our effort to always be purposeful in what we teach. As a young coach I had a shotgun style of coaching. I wanted to show every move in the book. I think it was mostly an effort to impress the team as I was more interested in my own credibility than I was their success. Over time, I put my focus where it belonged and we developed systematic progression drills that have helped our boys grow by leaps and bounds. The Ultimate Wrestling system will make good wrestlers great and great wrestlers deadly.
We have a few seniors that are struggling to get off the bottom. I’ve always considered that to be a weak spot in our program. Your escapes and reversal series will be invaluable and worked on all week as we head into districts this Friday.”
Assistant Varsity Wrestling - Eureka High School
I am very pleased with this product!
I purchased the Attack Style Drilling System off of the recommendation of one of my former wrestlers who frequently attended the Weber-Dresser Camps held at North Georgia College and State University (now UNG) in Dahlonega, GA. He was pleased with the quality of your camp instruction, so I wanted to try your video series. I was looking for something that was progressive, flowed from one skill to the next, and that we could use to build on. I am very pleased with this product. We started implementing the skills demonstrated in this video series towards the middle of the season this year and saw tremendous progress. I look forward to fully implementing this series into our practices from day 1 next season.
I started the wrestling program at FCHS in 2008. We have developed into a competitive team in one of the toughest regions in the state. We have had 1 individual region champion and 12 region placers.
Franklin County High School, Carnesville, Georgia